Burlington Golf & Country Club

Portfolio

Burlington Golf & Country Club

BURLINGTON, ONTARIO, CANADA

The Burlington Golf and Country Club was incorporated through the efforts of a number of prominent Hamilton and Burlington citizens in 1922. The first nine holes were opened in 1923 with the completion of eighteen holes and a clubhouse in 1924.
The undulating topography of the property with its sandy loam and attractive location on Hamilton Bay offered exceptional natural raw material for the design of a golf course. Today’s challenging layout, still essentially that designed by Stanley Thompson, Canada’s leading contemporary golf course architect, was constructed under the watchful eye of Andy Anderson, the club’s first professional, who himself had a fine record of golf course construction in his native Scotland.